To plan, coordinate and implement a full day child development program that will provide children and families with comprehensive quality services that meet the needs of working families of preschoolers, infants, and toddlers in compliance with the federal and state standards.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of the Education/Disabilities Component
- Ensure center complies with State Licensing requirements as outlined by Rules for The Certification of Child Care Centers from the office of Child Care Division (CCD).
- Ensure all home visits with families are done each year as specifies by program option.
- Maintain an adequate social services referral system for coordinating the resolution of family needs and goals.
- Assist in the implementation of an agency wide Parent Involvement Program
- Assist the Health Services Director in the Health Services component
- Work with the Family Advocate in coordinating and implementing a parent education and support program for agency families
- Provide training and consultative services to teacher assistants so that they can adequately complete tasks
- Be able to handle emergency situations as designated by program policies and procedures
- Delegate and assign tasks as described in the job descriptions and program policies
- Assist in completion of the Program Information Report (PIR)
- Maintain a clean, orderly, safe, and attractive classroom with assistance of team members, parents and volunteers
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred; Associates’ Degree in ECE with experience required.
- Enroll in the Oregon Registry Online (ORO) to receive at least a Step 8 Certificate
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Previous Head Start and/or Early Head Start, Infant/Toddlers experience
- Current CPR, First Aid and Food Handler’s cards
- Adequate means of transportation
- Home Visit experience (preferred)
- Case management experience (preferred)
- Supervisory experience (preferred)
- Previous Head Start or early childhood experience (preferred)
- Community service experience (preferred)
- Ability to coordinate and/or conduct training sessions (preferred)
- Multi-cultural experience (preferred)