POSITION: Court Security Deputy (Pendleton & Hermiston)
POSITION #: 18-31
SALARY: $21.88/Hourly (to start) – Hourly/Part-Time, On-Call
CLOSING: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Courthouse Security Deputies will perform the duties of a sworn law enforcement officer (as a Umatilla County Special Deputy Sheriff) by providing security and law enforcement for the safety and good order of the general public, government officials, and employees within the Umatilla County Courthouse, and upon its premises, or at such other locations as may be necessary to ensure the security of the general public, the state courts, and county employees and officials in the course of their duties.
- Prior BPSST (or current DPSST) Basic law Enforcement Certification (or other Jurisdiction’s equivalency). Intermediate or Advanced Certification preferred. (Requirements may be waived by the Sheriff, based upon personal knowledge and experience).
- Five years or more experience as a certified law enforcement officer of any city, county, state, or federal jurisdiction. (Requirement may be waived by the Sheriff, based upon personal knowledge and experience)
- Proficient in interpersonal communications, both verbally and in writing. Good customer and public service skills.
- Proficient in problem solving and non-confrontational conflict resolution.
- Proficient in reading and writing English; Bi-lingual in (Spanish) preferred.
- Basic computer and job-related equipment skills (for security system operations and maintenance).
- Physically capable of performing all job tasks, and knowledgeable regarding the appropriate levels of response to emergencies, and/or physically confrontive persons or violent situations.
- Maintain proficiency with firearms and all job-related equipment and tools, and current training requirements proficiency as prescribed by Sheriff.
- Lawfully carry a firearm.
HOW TO APPLY:
Use of Umatilla County application is MANDATORY. Anyone who qualifies for Veterans’ Preference in Public Employment provided for in OAR 839-006-0435; please include proper certification (OAR 839-006-0465) with your application. Any applicant with a disability who needs reasonable accommodation in any step of the application or hiring process to assist or to demonstrate qualifications or to perform the essential functions of the job for which the applicant is applying should inform the Human Resources Department. This job announcement is not intended to serve as a comprehensive job description. Blank applications and a complete job description can be obtained on our website at www.umatillacounty.net or the Human Resources Office, Room 108. Applications will be accepted by hand delivery, mail, fax, or email to email@example.com.